1) How is the property accessed? (Road frontage, deeded easement, etc..)
2) Are there any water features on the property? Seasonal or year round (rivers, creek, lake, springs)
3) Are utilities available to the property? (i.e water, electric, septic)
4) What types of trees are on the property? (variety, age, planted or natural)
5) Has the property been surveyed? (make sure if surveyed that it is a certified map?)
6) Who are the neighbors surrounding the tract? (is Quality Deer Management in place)
7) Can I get a clear title to the property?
8) Do the timber, mineral and water rights convey with the sale?
9) Are there any easements on the property? (adjoining owners, conservation, utility)
10) Are there any known environmental concerns or latent defects with the property?
11) How is this property zoned? (agricultural, residential, commercial?)
12) What are the annual property taxes?
13) Have the owners received notice from any governmental agency about possible assessments or actions in the near future that would affect this property?
14) Will the property be conveyed subject to covenant and restrictions? (If so, what are they?)
15) How does the land lay (topography)? (slopes, bottomland, elevation change, etc…)
16) Are there internal roads and trails?
17) Do all of the improvements to the property convey with the sale? (gates and fences, shooting houses, out buildings, etc…)
18) Does the land drain well or does it stay wet for much of the year?
19) If I had to sell this property again in a year, is it desirable to other potential buyers?
20) Can I pee off my porch in privacy the true measure of seclusion:)?
Remember to social distance, and keep wearing your masks. Just spent the last 3 weeks suffering and recovering from Covid. I can promise you it's no fun.
I wish you well and invite you to contact me if you have questions.
Please stay healthy and we hope to hear from you soon to discuss your property search and status.
Until Next Time!